Chenille Teddy Bear
This ornamental teddy bear can be made quickly and simple from lengths of chenille.
**First we make the Bear's Head:**
1. Take one Chenille stem and fold it at approx. 10cm (4 inches), so that each length is 1/3rd (10cms/4 inches) and 2/3rd's (20cms/8 inches) of the 30cm length. This bend in the chenille will eventually become the bear's nose.
2. Bend the shorter length round in a circle around one side of the 'nose'.
3. Then bend the longer length in the same way around the other side of the nose, making sure that both loops are a similar size and shape.
4. Twist the rest of the shorter length around the longer length just under the nose, to make the bear's neck.
**We can now put this to one side while we make the Bear's arms and legs:**
5. Take another chenille stem and this time fold it so that one lenght is approximately 4cms/1.5 inches longer than the other.
6. Cut this chenille stem at the fold. You should then have two lengths, one approx. 13cms long and the other approx. 17cms long.
7. Take the shorter length and fold in half, this will make the arms. Then fold each end back in towards the middle fold.
8. Repeat step 7 with the longer length, i.e. fold in half and fold ends into the middle. This creates the legs.
9. Pick up the arms and shape each end upwards to create the bear's paws. This should be almost shaped like a coat hanger.
10. With the legs bend the ends forwards to make two feet.
**Now it's time to put the bear together:**
11. Place the arms just under the bear's nose and the legs just underneath, keeping them as close together as possible.
12. Take the long end left from the head and take it up through the bears legs and over one shoulder, down the back and up through it's legs again. Take it over the opposite shoulder. Tuck the end down.
**Now we need to give the bear some ears:**
13. Take a new length of chenille and cut a piece 10cm (4 inches) long.
14. Thread this through the bear's head so that there are equal lengths on each side. He must be a bear of very little brain! :-)
15. Bend each end in a circle to form ears.
16. Carefully glue a black embroidery bead on the bear for each eye and the nose. Tip: Try using a cocktail stick for placing a small blob of uhu glue onto the bear and placing the embroidery beads on the bear. Then allow the glue to dry.
17. Glue one 14mm Medium magnet to the Bears back and allow the glue to dry.