Carousel Horse

My Creation

I finally finished my carousel horse & I'm well pleased with the way he turned out. While it only took a few days of actual work on him, I've had him about a year but haven't gotten around to finishing him until now.

I began with a child's bouncing toy that cost only $15 at a flea market. Great find!! Hubby helped me remove it from the metal frame & patch the holes that were left.

I already had a torchere floor lamp that had quit working. It has a very heavy base so, after removing the globe & internal workings, it made an ideal stand. It took only a couple of holes drilled into the horse & 2 more tiny ones in the pole. With a pin thru the pole, we were able to slide the horse down over the pole & into place.

After a few coats of spray paint, he went from black to white. I painted the existing details into the saddle & added one stroke flowers. His mane, tail & hooves are dusted with gold.

The glass globe on the top is actually a solar lit garden stake (cost more than the horse but I think it's worth it.) I added the gold ribbons to finish it off. Not bad for about $35.

You must be logged in to comment on this project.
Rogueangel commented on 2013-07-13 13:28:57

Gorgeous :)

naincrafts commented on 2013-07-14 01:20:18

beautiful!..x

DemonKnit commented on 2013-07-18 19:13:05

Sweet :)

Category
All
Time Taken
few days
Occasion
None in particular
Uploaded
13 July 2013
Views
2629
Favourites
1

Also in this category: