Yes, you read it right, these are in preparation for christmas presents !!
I've been looking for chipboard templates of door hangers for the past month but could not find any...so I figured I best get on with the job myself!
Ever get sick of constantly recycling your household waste? Well in our neighbourhood we have to do our own recycling of plastic and cardboard and this project takes care of some cereal boxes taking up precious room.
Here's a quick tutorial for those who might want to make one themselves:
1. Take a cereal box.
2. Cut 4 oblong pieces, my measurements were roughly 3.5 inches wide by 8 inchies high. Don't forget to create a circle at the top so you can hang it on the door, I used the inside of a glue dots roll.
3. Glue 2 pieces together (I used PVA glue and pegs to make sure it stayed in place) and repeat so that you have 2 templates altogether. Leave to dry.
4. Glue these 2 final pieces together and leave to dry once more.
5. Use some thin coloured paper (preferably something that will compliment the paper for the outside of the hanger). I used a glue stick for this stage as it dried much quicker with this.
6. Find some pretty paper and cut around the template to create 2 pieces for the front and back and glue up with PVA and leave to dry.
7. Now for the most interesting part - find your embellishments and let your imagination run wild! I bought some wooden letters especially for the child's name.